Date: 27 - 30 June 2017
Duration: 4-days (0900-1700)
Location:J.E. Wood Room, St Catherine's College, 2 Park Road, Crawley (opp. UWA main Campus)
Presenters: Jon Hronsky & Jeff Welborn (Western Mining Services)
Cost: $3600 (incl GST) for non CET members and $3240 (inc GST) for CET members
About the Course
Western Mining Services (WMS) and the Centre for Exploration Targeting (CET) have once again combined to offer a senior-level exploration management course on June 27 - 30 2017 in Perth, Western Australia.
This annual four-day training course concerns the principles and practices of effective exploration management. The curriculum covers the spectrum of mineral exploration technical and business issues that typically confront senior exploration managers. Participants will leave with a better understanding of:
- Mineral exploration at the strategic scale – the roles of greenfields and brownfields exploration in development and implementation of corporate operating and growth strategies;
- Designing and managing exploration programs and portfolios;
- The importance of group structure, program design, process discipline and effective people management in achieving exploration group objectives;
- Opportunity generation including the exploration search space concept, targeting science and the application of targeting models; and
- How to conduct new opportunity due diligence, build and negotiate land and minerals access transactions, and manage non-technical risks to achieve enhanced project economics and maintain the necessary licenses to operate exploration projects in varied risk environments.
The course format utilises both lecture and workshop and stresses interactive thinking and problem solving. Participants will work in teams to design solutions to exploration management challenges and will present their results to the larger group.
This course is ideal for regional and country exploration managers, for senior project managers and for geoscientists and commercial managers who are involved with management of mineral exploration programs, people and projects.
The course faculty is comprised of three WMS Principals: Bart Suchomel, Jon Hronsky and Jeff Welborn. All three are former senior managers at WMC Resources Ltd and have taught the components of this course on numerous occasions. More information about the faculty is available on the WMS website
To register, please download and complete the registration form
and send to email@example.com