The Centre for Exploration Targeting congratulates Adjunct Professor and Chair of the CET Strategic Advisory Board, Dr Jon Hronsky
, who was recognised in this year’s Australia Day Honours List.
The Australia Day 2019 Honours List was established in 1975 and recognises the contributions and service by outstanding individuals across Australia.
MEDAL (OAM) OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION
Dr Jon HRONSKY, West Perth WA 6005
For service to the mining sector.
Mineral Exploration Industry
• Director and Principal, Western Mining Services, since 2007;
• Director, Encounter Resources, since 2007; Cassini Resources, since 2014.
• Manager, Strategy and Generative Services, Global Exploration Group, BHP Billiton,
• Global Geoscience Leader, WMC Resources, 1984-2005.
• Senior Geoscience Leader, WMC Resources, 2001-2004.
• Chairman, Centre for Exploration Targeting, University of Western Australia, over 10
years; Advisory Board Member, Centre for Global Metallogeny, “for several years”;
Adjunct Professor, ongoing.
• Foundation Member, UNCOVER Initiative, 2012; Member, Geoscience Committee,
Research and Educational Organisations
• Advisory Board Member, ARC Centre for Excellence for Core to Crust Fluids, current.
Member, Advisory Board to the Research School of Earth Sciences, Australian
• Adjunct Professor, Macquarie University, current.
• Advisory Board Member, Geochemical Evolution and Metallogeny of Continents
National Key Centre (GEMOC), Macquarie University, current.
• Member, Minerals Down Under Flagship Advisory Board, Commonwealth Scientific
and Industrial Research Organisation, current.
• Member, Regional Geological Mapping and Mineral Resources Technical SubCommittee; Geological Survey Liaison Committee, Geological Survey of Western
Australia, since 1996.
• Member, Human and Intellectual Capital Sub-Group, Mineral Exploration Action
Agenda, Commonwealth Department of Industry, Tourism and Resources, “for several
Cooperative Research Centres
• Minerals Advisory Council Member, Landscape Environments and Mineral Exploration
Cooperative Research Centre, 2002-2008.
• Executive Research Council Member, Predictive Mineral Discovery CRC, 2001-2008.
• Science Steering Committee Member, Deep Exploration Technologies CRC, 2010-
• Chairman, Australian Geoscience Council, since 2013.
• Member, National Executive, Geological Society of Australia; Recipient, Gibb-Maitland
• Council Member, Australian Mineral Foundation.
• Fellow, Society of Economic Geology; Distinguished Lecturer Award, 2009.
• Member, Geoconferences (WA), since 1996.