The Magmatic Mineral Systems Theme’s vision is to be a multi-scale integrated research unit focusing on magmatic mineral systems. The Magmatic Minerals Systems Theme Leader is Research Professor Marco Fiorentini.
It is our mission to:
- Identify and address knowledge gaps in magmatic mineral systems through out-of-the-box thinking, cutting edge science and strategic global collaboration;
- Applied research and pure science as two sides of the same coin (ARC Linkage approach).
The Theme’s objectives are:
- To understand
- physical processes involved in the emplacement of magmas and
- transport-deposition mechanisms of fluids and sulphide liquids at various crustal levels;
- Design and implement cross-commodity research initiatives, which will seek to draw upon recent advances in the understanding of magmatic ore systems derived from studies (among others) of porphyry Cu-Au and IOCG systems.